Isn’t that a fine ambition to have? More so, when you pit yourself against your own self.
What can you do better than what you do now? They say the greatest challenges in life are made in one’s own mind.
- Can I now be a better organizer? [Was I one in the first place? Lol!]
- I certainly can be a better parent, for sure 🙂 :D!! [Which is going to be seconded by the Younger one for sure, silently :P]
- A teacher? Now when did I ever claim to be one? Nah! I’d rather be a learner like those kids I pretend to teach, forever. Amen!
- A better citizen. Yes. I must, I Will! Thanks to the innumerable inspiring posts I have read from so many of you!
- A better disciplined person[Like Rakesh ..:)]. I know I can, so why don’t I? Learn to practice all that I preach endlessly. Actually, I think I have made a rather good start by keeping myself glued to the papers in hand. Though I did break up when I found just a class and a half left, lol! So that is just about 70+ papers yet to get through.
Still, this sombre twilight hour makes me feel a little pensive. I really am not all that Happy New Yearish as I sound. The events of a month ago haunt. The events of a couple of days ago at Gaza haunt.
And yet, one goes on.. The show, life, must go on. And we Actors don roles again, play to the hilt, till curtains fall again!
In the words of someone, on OSO…. Picture abhi baki hai!!
Don’t mind me, I’m just doing something I do better than the best…. Ramble. Lol!
Have a prosperous and peaceful 2009, dear Comrades-in-Arms! Let it be Better than the Best, you’ve ever had!
P.S. This entire post is the direct result of a chat I just had now with Soumya! Thanks Soumya, for being so inspiring again!!! As you always have been!
P.P.S. I typed the whole thing into the Create New Post, without Pen and Paper. Hurrah!!! Progress!!! But then again, this is another silly one.. lol!
31 December, 2008