Arjun Sharma, mariner, poet, reviewer, blogger 🙂 tagged a few. It. I’m also It! 😀 It reminds me of the game catch, we used to play in school… only here, one cannot escape without being seen as a spoilsport, and far be it my intention to give that impression 😀 (even though I might be one :D)
Tag you’re it!! (is what he called it 🙂 )
1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged. (That’s a toughie 🙂 )
3. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them!
Why do we always have rules? Rules are meant for … ermmm… following, OK!! (I now realize a possibility that there are some kids from school who have found this space and that I ramble about, in an entirely different way, out here. Cannot disillusion them 😛 )
Arjun has asked 11 people these 11 questions:
And here is where he has done it 🙂
1. Describe yourself in one word.
2. Favourite childhood memory
DAddy carrying me around. Me crying. My earliest memory too. Apparently I was just about 2 years and was ill, with jaundice. I still remember it so clearly! Being comforted too!
3. Best accomplishment/moment of triumph.
When kids come and tell me they enjoyed being in my class 🙂
4. Your current job and what you wanted to be while growing up
A story here. In our college we were taken on a “Leadership Camp”, where we had sessions of interactions with some resource persons, and in one of the forms we had to fill out, we had to write what we saw ourselves as being at age 30. I wrote “Teacher”. I was a Science Stream student. The resource person then told us, and they even quoted statistics that most often, what one envisions at that age, and I was just 16, is what one most often turns out to be. I have never ceased to be amazed at that! So, what am I? It is obvious isn’t it? A Teacher. And nothing to do with Science 🙂
5. Something that you are good at skill wise
Working with my hands. Untying knots. Stitching. 🙂
6. Name one self invented superstition
Lol. Facing northwards, while correcting papers, will help get it done faster 😛
7. A real life story that you would definitely tell ur kids someday
Oh the kids have been hearing it ad infinitum 😀 So I’ll give this one a pass 🙂 Just that I took the road less travelled by and that has made all the difference 🙂 Who else but Robert Frost would I look up to here? 🙂
8. Name one regret that you have.
One? Only? Sigh. I wish I could have joined the Defence Services. I really do. But then, those days, they did not take women on, so there went my chance 😦
9. If you had to change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Less procrastination. More immediacy of things, especially when I want to talk to someone 🙂
10. Something that scares you?
Loss. Cannot elaborate. I don’t need to, I think. Have yet to work myself upto accepting loss. Very difficult.
11. An experience that changed your life.
Being in Ms. Shobha Venkatesh’s English Classes in College. Life-changing. 🙂
My set of 11 questions for 11 others… 🙂
1. In one word, what have you gained, in life, that you hold most precious? (there, that rules out “weight” 😛 😛 )
2. In three words, a pet peeve?
3. A word you think you use a lot, unconsciously :D?
4. What is it that you love to do, most, and would rather spend your time doing it?
5. What do you think others think of you?
6. Who would you say made you who you are today (other than your parents, if that is what you would answer 🙂 )
7. What gives you joy?
9. If you could go back to one moment in your past, which moment would it be?
10. Do you believe in alternate lifetimes? If so, what is the you there doing now? (It’s actually one question, with two parts :D)
11. What makes you you?
Now to tag another eleven 🙂 *devlish grin*
P.S. Soma, you cannot be tagged. Arjun took care of that 😀
P.P.S. I changed the title too 😀
Waiting for the midnight hour, so that yet again, I have a Sunday posting… 😀
26 February, 2012