This is a special post. One that is long delayed too, but today, I am glad I did delay it. For it found a perfect timing. 🙂
IHM, a long while ago, had tagged me on the first born detailing post.. 🙂 I had been wanting to get to it for, like, ages.. but only today did the urge seize me and force me to the computer, to make me manage time, so that something special is there, to share, this day. Why this day, you ask? You shall find out somewhere down the read, hopefully 🙂 🙂
They say a mother is born with the first child she has, and so it is both a learning experience and a re discovery of another you, when you have a baby… and to be gender safe, let me say the same goes for the father too.. 🙂
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?
Nopes… 🙂 🙂 It was rather a surprise 🙂
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
Surprise, and then a wonderful anticipation:)
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
Just over twenty 🙂
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
The usual delay :D! Then the knowing… 🙂 And finally a lab test. 🙂
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
8. DUE DATE?
April, and we were hoping for a Vishu Kaineettam 🙂 (That is a sort of gift you get at Vishu, usually in the form of coins, money, given with blessings to start the new year :))
9. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
Plenty… till the end… till he was born 🙂
10. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Surprisingly… nothing :)!
11. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
Me and myself, I think, more than anything else 🙂
12. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD’S SEX?
A boy 🙂
13. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
🙂 I would not be entirely honest if I said I did not 🙂
14. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
I didn’t, I lost weight 🙂
15. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
16. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
Not applicable… 🙂
17. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
Apart from not gaining weight, and not being able to keep much food down, nothing 🙂
18. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Was with my parents, in Bangalore 🙂
19. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
About 24 hours… mild at first but from about night, till the next noon, I was in labour!
20. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL/BIRTH CENTER?
21. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
My gynaec. and her team, and a close family friend who is a child specialist at the same place.
22. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
Natural, but outlet forceps.
23. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
I am not sure that it was in, in those days. I did not even know about it 🙂
24. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
He was a big ‘un! 3.8 Kg. 🙂
25. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ?
1.40 in the afternoon.
26. WHAT WAS YOUR REACTION WHEN THE DOCTOR THE SEX OF THE BABY?
I kind of knew… 🙂 So it was not much of a surprise. But there was a whole lot of relief too, because it was over, and the whole process was natural, and I did not have to take a C section.
27. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST REACTION ON SEEING THE BABY?
Can’t explain, really. It was a moment I had always known about. A deja vu, if you would. In fact years ago, much before I got married, or even had the inkling about it, I had written about him, here 🙂 Don’t ask me how, but that is how he turned out too, as a young one, and still is one 🙂
28. DID YOU CRY?
29. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
30. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY?
It’s his birthday today… and that is why I am writing in this post.. to make it all the more special 🙂 So I cant say the exact age because, you see, it’s bad luck. Lol. :D! But he’s in his mid twenties..:)And finally after an age, more than 6 years we are spending it together 🙂
🙂 Happy Birthday, all over again, Kunju 🙂
Now I must share this too… and that is a reference to the second born 🙂 He is definitely going to find this post, and he is going to say, see I told you na, I’m second best (especially when he was supposed to be a girl, according to my prediction, and he turned out a boy :D! Lol!), so you aren’t writing anything about me. For those who are second born and know how it is, I must tell you, I have this too, for him, here.. 🙂 If you have the time 🙂
12 April, 2009