Tagged by Surbhi , IHM and Deeps … [I hope I have not left out anyone else this time:) If I have just ping me, in the comments box and I shall certainly link you up :)], to *ahem* share more of myself, in 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about myself 🙂 25?? I guess I have to learn more of myself then. This should be a revelation to moi and meself too. Yes, they are one and the same, most times, but sometimes, I wonder, like I did, at the end of Clinical Psychology classes, in college :D! I was convinced there was more to me… and now I shall finally find out!
So here goes 🙂
1. I was born with my lower middle incisors [the broad flat teeth in the middle :)], peeking out of my gums. Gave a fright to my mother, when she discovered it the morning after, and it was a rather rare occasion for everyone at the hospital too.
2. Now that might make you think that I had a strong a sturdy set of pearly whites 🙂 Yup..! So strong were they, that my pre-molars refused to leave the gums when their time was up, and so every Saturday we made an appointment with the Dentist at AFCH, close to where we lived, to have one pre-m. extracted till all of of them were done. How many weeks you ask? I do not want to think about it, if you will excuse me, for now :D! How many pre-m.’s do we have anyway? Calling the med. students to please enlighten us 🙂
3. More toothy facts. My Dentist happened to describe my dental features very interestingly. He said I had my father’s jaws and mom’s teeth :P! Just his way of explaining why I had such gaps between my teeth, my front incisors [the same, only the upper ones as well!]. Wore braces, the removable ones.. closed the gap, then stopped a few years later, and well.. what do you expect, Dad’s jaws, mom’s teeth, went back to their original places 🙂 🙂 LOL.
4. Enough of teeth. The nose now. I have a Chinese pug nose. So said another paediatrician. No further comments on that please. It’s a sore point with me. Missed having that perfect profile because of it. *Sigh!! and *giggle giggle..:P
5. Narcissist aren’t I? So let us leave my gorgeous self, outer one, and delve a bit, into the recesses of the consciousness. I’ve already shared this, but it’s about my earliest memory. Dad carrying me, and me crying. Mom tells me, that they almost lost me to jaundice, before I turned two, and she sometimes still chokes up when she speaks of it 🙂 Precious I know life is!
6. Am a hoarder of stuff. Stuff. From scraps of paper that I jotted words on, to birthday cards, bookmarks, dog eared leaflets of something I like, newspaper cuttings, quotations and extracts from books I own, lol, to clothes of an age ago, just some, but then there it is 🙂 To marklists of the first class I taught, and all those badges I wore at different school functions, handouts from workshops. I mean how can you throw away something that might, someday come in handy? I am so scared to do it.
7. Point related to no. 6. I can never find what I am looking for in that treasure chest mentioned in 6. above!
8. I do find it eventually, when I am looking for something else!!!
9. And I still haven’t learnt the lesson from it. That I need to start hunting for something else to find the something!!! I had better stop blowing my own trumpet so much, hadn’t I?
10. I think I am paranoid. Sometimes. 🙂 But then why would anyone want to harm me? I immediately think that too. And then the world is fine!
11. I do not take calls from numbers I cannot place 🙂 And so, once when I was on leave, the Principal called endlessly to find out some information on an entry form that had to be sent that day, and I did not call back 🙂 Luckily for me, he understood. *Whew* Close call. But I did tell him, that was the reason; however, I saved his number for future use 🙂
12. I love animals. Even snakes. Not really in the sense of going ga ga over them, but that I hate to see them killed just because they are snakes. Most people do that here, the moment a snake is spotted, the first thing that is done, is to flush it out of where ever it has chosen to hide and then beat it to death. I mean, if one were to just let them be, they would simple leave, and not harm us, right? [Same point as IHM, has expressed too!]
13. Dogs and cats are my life too 🙂
14. I make friends slowly.
15. I’m rather reserved, by nature, I am told:) Sometimes, most times, yes, I would guess 🙂
16. I’m not too good at forgiving either myself or anyone else 🙂 I’d rather not meet/ talk to that person, at all, rather than be hypocritical and pretend all is well. Not a good thing at all, but I’m working on more positivity within and without 🙂 🙂
17. Hypocrites are very very off putting. I give them a wide berth.
18. I believe that dreams come true.
19. I believe that miracles are possible. The line from Alchemist, about wanting something badly enough… I subscribe to that view. Experience has taught me that 🙂 🙂
20. I was certain my second born was a girl, and refused to believe the Doctor when he told me otherwise. I sometimes do still wonder about it 🙂 He was a very polite person, else he would have hooted with laughter the way I went on and on… But I have no doubt he’s mine, the second born: too much of me in him 😀 :D!
21. I am a positive person, and like to look at the brighter side of things, no matter how desperate things seem to be!
22. I write down pluses and minuses, sometimes, when I have to make a difficult decision. I tell the kids to try it as well. Ever since I heard of PMI, Plus, Minus Interesting… it is something, that I do believe works, and works well. Do try it, but finally let your gut instinct also work with it 🙂
23. I trust my instincts. On most things.
24. I listen. I like listening, and rarely even feel bored at speeches.
25. Am an avid note taker at interesting meetings, speeches, seminars, whatever 🙂 Even classroom speeches, and debates so that I can place the person in context, so that I can take something from it, so that, like now, I can go on and on and on and on… 😀
Am I done? Wow! I actually found 25 random things about myself! *pats herself on the back!*
Moral of the write: There is always more to you, than you know 🙂 Know. And this too. That you are precious.
Take care, good folks. And if you have actually read till here, I must acknowledge your patience 🙂 🙂 Thanks IHM, Deeps and Surbhi. It has been an unexpected pleasure finding out some things along this post 🙂
Happy Woman’s Day to all the men and women who believe that Women are people too!
Edited to add : Silly me, forgot to tag others, and since this has been discovered late, I shall do what I have found to be the solution for the tetchy problem of hyperlinking :D!
All those who pass by, and would like to take the tag, are hereby tagged. Do drop a line and let me know, so that I can come over and share in it too 🙂 Thanks!
To get this kind of signature is very easy. Find this webpage, and follow the instructions 🙂